FACTORY Transmedia Limited – GDPR Policy Statement
Factory Transmedia Limited (FTM) is committed to protecting the privacy of our customers, staff and suppliers.
FTM gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection Regulation and laws. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and our obligations, and explains how, why and when we process your personal data.
We will use our best efforts to ensure that the information you submit to us remains private and is used only for the purposes as set forth herein.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The General Data Protection Regulations defines “personal data” as any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (customer, staff member or supplier); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that natural person.
What Information Do We Collect and How Is That Information Used?
FTM may collect your personal details including, but not limited to, your name and contact details including your e-mail address and any other relevant information with your express permission. This information is held, used and disclosed by us in the following ways until permission is withdrawn:
- To continue to provide employment to you.
- To maintain our professional business relationship throughout the lifetime of that relationship, as a customer, staff member or supplier.
- To enable us to answer any queries you may have
- To keep you updated on any relevant industry news; to update you on any events, promotions and competitions, reports and any other information we feel may be relevant to you in pursuing your duties. You retain the right to retire from such communications at any time.
- To fulfil contractual obligations with/to you.
- To enable the ongoing and future development and marketing of products and services by company as required.
- To continually improve our production quality and to make our services more valuable and attractive to customers.
- FTM may also release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies if they require us to do so. We will also only disclose your information where we are permitted and requested to do so by law.
- FTM will also seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for any other purpose not listed above, but will continue to do so only if your permission is given and from which you understand you can withdraw permission.
- If we are holding historic data about you that no longer is of use or has any significance it will be deleted, or there is legal obligation to retain it.
- Only FTM staff that need to have access to your information to carry out their normal duties will be allowed access to the information.
How long do we hold personal data?
FTM retain personal data for as long as the customer, staff and supplier’s relationships exist and for 1
year afterwards, unless required to retain for a longer period by UK law.
Data Processing for Specific Purposes Only
FTM collects and processes the personal data set out in this Policy. This may include personal data received directly from manual written documents, CV’s and email.
FTM only processes personal data for the specific purposes set out in this Policy (or for other purposes expressly permitted by the Regulation).
FTM shall ensure that all personal data collected and processed is kept secure and protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Customers, staff and suppliers may request that FTM ceases processing the personal data it holds about them. If a customer, staff member or supplier makes such a request, FTM shall retain only the amount of personal data pertaining to that customer, staff member or supplier that is necessary to ensure that no further processing of their personal data takes place.
Your Right to Access
The law states that you have the right at any time to ask us to share with you the information that we hold that you have supplied to us. If you make such a request, we will ask you to verify/confirm your identity and possibly ask you to give us more information about such a request. We may need to charge a nominal fee for this service for administrative purposes. We will only refuse your request if we are legally permitted or required to do so. If this is the case, then we will give you reasons for doing so. To make a request for information, please contact us.
Please be aware that you also have the right to ask the Company to stop using the information that you supplied us. Under the right to erasure you can also request for deletion of your file, although you should be aware that in some circumstances we may not be required or able to do so, particularly where your file also holds information about our clients or financial information that we need to keep for periods of up to six years; Le. which relate to tax matters. If, under any circumstances, we cannot comply with your request for information we will provide a full explanation as to why this is so.
Deleting of Your Data
Customers. Staff and suppliers may request that the company erases the personal data it holds about them in the following circumstances:
- It is no longer necessary for the Company to hold that personal data with respect to the purpose for which it was originally collected or processed;
- The customer, staff member or supplier wishes to withdraw their consent to the Company holding and processing their personal data;
- The customer, staff member or supplier to the Company holding and processing their personal data (and there is no overriding legitimate interest to allow the Company to continue doing so).
- The personal data has been processed unlawfully;
- The personal data needs to be erased for the Company to comply with a legal obligation.
Unless the Company has reasonable grounds to refuse to erase personal data, all requests for erasure shall be complied with, and the customer, staff member or supplier informed of the erasure, within one month of receipt of the data subject’s request (this can be extended by up to two months in the case of complex requests, and in such cases the customer, staff member or supplier shall be informed of the need for the extension).
Privacy Commitment Changes
Should FTM decide to change its privacy commitment, we will notify any changes formally so that you will always know what information we gather, how we might use that information, and whether we will disclose it to anyone. If, at any time, you have questions or concerns about our privacy commitment, please feel free to email Alan Smart, Chief Operating Officer, FACTORY Transmedia Limited. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For and on behalf of FACTORY Transmedia Limited.
Chief Operating Officer
FACTORY Transmedia Limited
Unit 5 St Georges Court Altrincham Business Park Dairyhouse Lane Altrincham
Cheshire WA14 5UA